Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fit Mama Friday, Midweek Update

I'm half way through my first week back on track and I've discovered a few things. One, I HAVE GOT to update my playlist. There is nothing like really hitting your stride and having Adele join the party and kill your "run buzz". I still love ya, girl, but you've got no place on my playlist... Except for maybe "Set Fire to the Rain". Two, hydration is HUGE. My last two runs have been hindered by cramps. Getting enough water is something I've always struggled with, but now it's apparent that I must make it a priority if I really want to get the most out of my runs. Three, I seem to have more energy and focus when exercise is one of the first things on my to-do list for the day. The energy thing is a given, since I have two little energy-suckers that I chase around on a daily basis. While I do enjoy running in the evenings to help clear my head and get a lot of thinking done, I have a hard time focusing on my form. And I really have to focus, or I don't breath or step correctly. Four, journaling my fitness and nutrition really helps keep me on track. I know if I have to write it down (or type it, as is the case for me), then I am more apt to choose wisely. I don't want to be reminded of my failures in black and white. Five, I must remember to take a snack for after my run! I had to go by the store on my way home to get Derek some protein powder and get a couple things for me. I am always starving after a run, which explains the caramel blondie tart that somehow ended up in my cart... And in my belly once I was in the car. Small as the little tart was, it's going to hurt to journal that later! I do really good during the day, but after a run, I am always craving carbs/sweets. Maybe a granola bar or 1/2 peanut butter sandwich would fix me up. Six, setting a goal for myself has been a great motivator to get off my keister. At the end of April, I am doing Color Me Rad. This will be the second time I've done it and I can't wait. My goal is to actually run the whole thing (without dying). We'll see... I still have a ways to go. But I think know I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment