Friday, June 10, 2011

One LONG week

I know the blog has been a bit neglected this week. I hope you will allow me to explain...
For the most part, I am a SAHM (stay-at-home mom), but I work about ten hours (including travel) a week cleaning a doctor's office. Normally, I go in the evenings, but in all actuality, I can go anytime between 6:00 PM and 7:00 AM. This makes for AWESOME flexibility, which is just a blessing in any job, and is one of the reasons I don't  mind.
Because we've been in Vacation Bible School at our church this week, my work schedule has been a bit abnormal. Instead of going to work in the evenings, I've been getting up at 3:00 AM when my husband gets home from his job to go to mine. Every once in a while, this arrangement becomes necessary if one of our normal caretakers (a.k.a. Nana or Granny) can't watch the boys. And I am usually able to survive on just a few hours of sleep and go about my day as if nothing had changed with my routine. But I have never done it for a week straight... Until this week. This week, I have felt like a zombie. One reason being, my boys are complete opposites. Evan is an early bird, usually rising at about 6:30 or 7:00. And Ian is a night owl, typically going down around 11:00. Normally, this would not be an issue, because I usually don't have any problems with lack of sleep. I average about six hours of sleep a night and feel fully rested. This week has been the exception. This week, I have averaged three hours and night and have not felt rested AT ALL! I have been getting home about 30 minutes before Evan wakes up, so there is no hope of me going back to bed. And usually about an hour before he takes his first nap, Ian is getting up. So I have just felt tired all week. While I have thoroughly enjoyed taking Ian to his class all week, I am very happy that my schedule will be back to normal next week. I am also very happy that I don't have to get up at 3:00 in the morning to go to work and will have uninterrupted sleep tonight! But my joy will be short-lived, as we have to go to Derek's company cook out tomorrow and then we are visiting with friends in the evening, and we'll be out very late. And this Sunday is Homecoming at church and although we don't have Sunday School, I will have to get up very early to cook. I do believe this has been the busiest week I have ever had! Just thinking about it all is making me tired all over again...
So I hope you will forgive my absence this week as I have been in Super Mom mode and have barely had time to shower, let alone check emails and blog! I hope to be back in the swing of things next week and get back to my previous schedule... After I've had a big nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment